The Project Department acts as interfacing between the Board and the various colleges where renovations of building or equipment are required to take place.
The department is saddled with the responsibility of carrying out projects that have been approved by the board. It takes its directive from the Board as required. Risks analysis is also carried out, including the development of contingency plans and liaison with programme management team to ensure that work is neither overlooked nor duplicated. The Project department contains team of an expert with cognate experience in project management and whose the skills and experience matched to the requirements of the projects being carried out.
Since projects have a finite lifespan, with an expected completion date, the project department having considered this expedite actions on the project assigned. Project head works closely with team members who have an assignment that leads to the completion of the specific project
The project team ensures:
- planning and monitoring the project
- managing project risks, including the development of contingency plans
- monitoring overall progress and use of resources, initiating corrective action where necessary
- liaison with appointed project assurance representatives to assure the overall direction and integrity of the project
- adopting and applying appropriate technical and quality strategies and standards
- identifying and obtaining support and advice required for the management, planning, and control of the project
- managing project administration
- conducting a project evaluation review to assess how well the project was managed
The project unit of LASTVEB is saddled with other responsibility to:
- Provide effective and achievable plans for all the Lagos State Government Technical Colleges projects.
- Carry out adequate researches for developmental purposes and inspect all activities of the Colleges in order to achieve the set targets for the year.
- In charge of all infrastructural facilities in the 5 No. technical Colleges in Lagos State.
- In charge of all operational equipment in all the 5N0. Technical Colleges In Lagos State
- Maintenance of all the 250KVA generating set in all the 5No. Technical Colleges.
- Creating Audit programme to review various projects and processes in all Government Technical colleges to ensure that standards are followed and maintained.
Names of all members of staff and their designations
- Mr. Olofinmoyo Joshua Akinbobola – Head of Project
- Mr. Adeleke Yinka Adebayo – Assistant Director of Education
- Mr. Shittu Idris Akanni – Principal Education Officer (Budget Officer)