LAGOS STATE TECHNICAL AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION BOARD
GOVERNMENT TECHNICAL COLLEGE ADOSOBA
CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE:
THE AUTO- MECHATRONICS ACADEMY
HISTORY: The College is one of the five technical colleges in Lagos state and was established in November 1985 by the State Government for the production of craftsmen and technicians.
The college derives her name from the two adjoining villages Abule Ado and Abule Shoba.
CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE:
The college is marked for the production of specially trained craftsmen and technician in modern automobile engineering, with the ‘state of arts’ modern equipment which may only be found in some international automobile companies.
The center is tag as ‘THE AUTO- MECHATRONICS ACADEMY’.
The name is derived from the combination of modern automotive engineering and Electronics interface to solve most of the fault detections, diagnosing, maintenance, and remedy.
The centre is the initiative of the Lagos state government,lagos state technical and vocational board, the Lagos eko project in collaboration with the private-public partnership (PPP)
The centre uses some modern equipment such as
- lifters of various types and kinds
- scanners (various models)
- probes and so on
The centre is sub divided into five main units
- the diagnostic bay and engine repair unit
- the body repair and body building unit
- the Auto electrical unit
- the body spray painting unit with incubators and car washing unit
- wheel alignments and vulcanizing unit
OBJECTIVE FOR SETTING UP THE CENTRE:
The Centre was set up with the following in mind
- for training and developing the manpower needs of youth and Automobile industrial in Lagos state and Nigeria
- to bring about the synergy between the local experts and international expert in training the youth of Lagos state and Nigeria
- To encourage a learning environment bearing in mind industrial environment and bringing the youth to be trained in acceptable international best practices.
- To bring about public, private partnership by signing a memorandum of understanding between the lagos state government and international recognized automobile manufacturing company
- To provide a platform for training artisan, technician, technologist, and Engineers in automotive engineering fields.
Achievements of the center;
The centre was constructed February 2012 and has turned up about 350 technicians since inception. Several training on auto diagnostic course was organised.
The college is awaiting international collaborations.